Saturday, October 16, 2010

Go Team Toilet!

I have been trying Missy Megan into the idea of wearing undies & using the toilet for quite a while now. After all, she did turn 3 in August.

She has been flatly refusing for months but over the last few days has warmed just a touch to the concept. Yesterday she even said she would wear undies "tomorrow". Anyone who has ever had a 3 year old will realise that everything happens "tomorrow" with them.

So this morning, I bit the bullet. I reminded her of what she had said & that "tomorrow" is here. Undies went on with a certain degree of resistance.

After 20 minutes of tears in her bedroom (by her, not me!) & much yelling of "I don't wanna wear undies. I don't wanna go to the toilet" (again - by her, not me) & me ignoring her words, here is a snapshot of where we were by mid afternoon.


YEP! She took to it like a duck to water! I think the novelty is definitely the stars. She gets to choose the colour & put them on the chart herself & I get to write the time (I was taking her every half hour to begin with). I have attached it to the bathroom door as a reminder of what's behind it!

By the time it got to nappy time this evening she had achieved 12 stars on her chart. Sometimes with an hour in between! She even went all by herself a couple of times & called out to me when she had done a wee. The day wasn't without a couple of puddles (I was expecting many more ) - 1 on the tiles, 1 on the carpet & 1 outside on the cement when she was being my peg assistant.

Let's hope she keeps it up tomorrow.

Go Team Toilet!!

Do you have any tips to share on toilet training?

4 comments:

Tina said...

I don't have any other tips because we just did the same thing as you're doing doing :)

Well done Megan!!!

bek said...

Woo Hoo - go Megan! Im anxious to know how today (Sunday) went!!! I bet theres a full row of stars again...,.

rambling mum said...

Thanks ladies!
Not as many stars today (Sunday) as she was able to go for longer in between. Also I went to work this arvo & I don't think Ray updated the chart whilst I was gone. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Jenna said...

Yay - she is doing a fantastic job!!!!