Sunday, April 22, 2012

ANZAC Services

ANZAC Services began in our region today.

I had the privilege of attending two, with Zac participating as part of the Australian Army Cadets.

I feel almost ashamed to admit that this is only the second year I have attended ANZAC services. Remembering and acknowledging our soldiers past and present takes so little of my time, yet over the years I have been too lazy or considered it too hard to attend. Were our fallen soldiers too busy or too lazy to go to war? I don't think so. And I was so busy taking photos that I almost forgot to applaud our diggers as they marched. Self absorbed, maybe?

So I continue to be super proud that Zac chooses to be an army cadet, and volunteers to get involved in community occasions. There were cadets from the Army, Air Force and Navy in attendance and they all excelled. Solemn and respectful. Another example of our youth being showcased in a positive manner.

Here are a few snaps from our day:


last minute practice, that's Zac in the middle

unveiling a plaque for Korean War veterans

that's Zac leading
they stayed in this position for an hour - extremely hard to do

memorial wall at Albion Park RSL

Warilla RSL Sub-Branch

 There are more services all over our region on ANZAC Day (Wednesday). If you attend any, after paying respect to the Veterans, please take the time to notice the Cadets. They are some of our up and coming Soldiers and Officers. Tell them if you think they look great or if they have done a great job by being there. Believe me, it means a lot to them!

Are you attending any ANZAC services this year?

Karen xx

1 comment:

Bek said...

You deserve to be super proud of your wonderful son Zac. He is an amazing young man, doing a wonderful job of displaying respect and support to our veterans.

Love your work Zac, Well done.