And they are wants, not needs.
I am not so self-absorbed that I don't know the difference.
Here's what on it at the moment:
* Huge linen closet. To the point that I can label the shelves so that anyone else who opens the cupboard (yeah, right) will know that this pile is the kids' bed linen, queen sheets, hand towels, bathmats, etc. We had a small linen cupboard at our own house, the rental we are in now has a good sized one, but I want bigger.
* The kid's wardrobes need to be double door ones. It just means things can be put away.
* The kitchen window must overlook the backyard, not the side of the house. It is my favourite room of the house & I would like to be looking at our own space rather than my neighbour's window or wall. Or kids.
* A covered deck or veranda at the back of the house. A servery from the kitchen would be handy too. Have to have the option of sitting outside to enjoy the view. A place the kids can paint & be messy & we can just hose it down. And hose the kids down too.
* Speaking of views, a really good one would be nice. Like open spaces, or mountains, or horses. There are some beautiful views here, giving a real appreciation of nature's work.
* A bathroom I could swing a cat in. Not that I would, but if you're an Aussie you will know what I mean. And it needs two towel rails. Seriously folks, if you build a 5 bedroom house (with bathroom + ensuite), you have more than 2 kids. Only 2 towels fit on a standard towel rail. Wake up to yourselves.
* The ensuite needs to be big enough for both of us to stand in there at the same time.
* Skylights. I love natural light. I hate having to turn lights on during the day. The house we are renting has a dark bathroom & it
* High ceilings. I have been spoilt in our rental. The high ceilings really give a sense of spaciousness.
One thing I can't decide is if I want an old style house or sleek, modern one. However it is not just up to me. We are a whole family here. And I'm sure others (hubby) would like a say in it!
One thing I do know - my list will change again tomorrow. Or the next day. Or the next. But that's life. And I haven't even started on the kitchen, loungeroom or bedrooms yet.
What's on the list for your dream home?
images from weheartit.com