Monday, August 13, 2012

Even I can bake this.....I think!

This is what landed on my doorstep a while back.

Except the butter & eggs (I bought those).


I didn't have time to bake before we moved, we were packing up a house after all, and living in a motel the last couple of days.

So I got busy in the kitchen of our temporary accommodation when we first arrived. Got to love a fancy Donna Hay Flourless Chocolate Truffle Cake - a bit of comfort food when you have just arrived in a new town. It added to that "fantasy week" we spend in the beautiful farmhouse. (to my knowledge, another family is in it now - major pout!)

Anyway, to get to the point.

Donna Hay's home-bake mixes are so good, even I can not follow the directions correctly bake them with ease.

Yeah, I may have put the alfoil "hood" on it after I took it out of the oven, instead of baking it with the hood on. Donna Hay caters for the human-ness in all of us, because it still tasted really, really yummy.


We didn't have any cream, so Neapolitan ice cream it was!

You can buy the Donna Hay range in Woolworths & Independent supermarkets for $7.99 RRP.

* Donna Hay Molten Chocolate Chunk Brownie
* Donna Hay Vanilla Cupcakes
* Donna Hay Chocolate Cupcakes
* Donna Hay Almond Macaron with Chocolate Filling

All are free from artificial colours and flavours, and contain no preservatives. Simply add the fresh ingredients and follow the directions you'll be whipping up a treat just like I did!

Cake season is hitting our household (kids birthdays next 3 months) - I wonder if they will ask for a Donna Hay creation?

Karen xx

1 comment:

Angela said...

I love donna hay books, but I bought the macron packet mix thinking it had ot be more foolproff than doing them from scratch and stuffed them up! I am sure it just takes someone special like me to do that though.