Wednesday, August 1, 2012

How to make an Australian Quilt

Hubby & I looked at our (made) bed the other day & agreed that having a proper quilt would finish it off nicely. Living in the country now & all.

So I bought myself a pack of quilting mags today. I am a magaholic. But I thought that might be a good place to start. I've never been into the creative stuff before, and it's quite daunting thinking that I am going to make a quilt. What if it doesn't work? What if I spend shitloads of money on material and I do a crap job at it? (For the record, I have never priced quilting material so I don't know what I'm talking about).

There is one particular blogger comes to mind when I think of quilting, and that would be the delightful Anorina from Samelia's Mum, whose handiwork can be seen in several quilting magazines. She even has tutorials on her blogsite. I know who I am going be asking if I get stuck! Just warning you Anorina! I hope you don't mind. I'll try not to be a pest. Really I will.

So I have until I have finished crocheting Liam's bed blanket (this is my only discovered "hand made" ability) to browse pic and materials and decide on what we I would like on our my quilt. Once I choose, I'll let you know. Because I know you will be sitting on the edge of your seat in anticipation.

What colours or theme would you choose?

Karen xx

1 comment:

Bek Jones said...

Good Luck! Will be waiting to see it
I would choose teal and black and silver! But i dont do sewing machines! So its never going to happen...lol
I will stick to papercrafts!